Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Preparing for my Taipei trip again!!

Haha... well... here I am.. back to Taipei for the 2nd consecutive year.. this time round I will be here for 8D7N... so cool... I can't wait to really explore around... not only inside Taipei but also the surrounding towns near Taipei city.

I booked a free & easy package with Priceline, and somehow I managed to get a really good deal. For a twin package at a 3* star hotel, our hotel is Silken Hotel by the way and a 2-way ticket by Singapore Airlines, we paid a total of SGD $1986. This includes the free breakfast provided by the hotel and the service charge of SGD $26 by Priceline. Isn't that cool? Think there is hope that I can go to Japan! Hee hee...

Anyway, this time round I bought a camera so that I can take many photos of the places that I have visited. Although I was kind of naive and was conned into buying alot of accessories for my camera and the price of the camera was even hiked much higher compared to other shops. In total I spent around SGD $1000 for my camera alone... How sad :[

Oh well.. I guess I will learn from my mistake and never buy from Sim Lim Square ever again.. unless accompanied by a friend who is more knowledgeable than me...

Another boo boo is to exchange my money late... the exchange rate I was told will decrease greatly during the peak period between late Nov to Jan... so I should have changed early... But I waited and waited until the rate dropped to a pathetic SGD $1 = NT 21.2.. how sad...

Oh well... what is done is done.. I will now focus on my upcoming trip to Taipei... waa... can't wait..

No comments: