Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Taipei, 17th Dec 2007

The day has finally arrived. I am meeting my friend at Changi Airport Terminal 2 to check in and I could hardly contain my excitement... Hahah... it is my 1st time travelling by Singapore Airlines, considered to be a prestigious airlines in Singapore... I simply can't wait...

Fortunately, I managed to secure seats beside the window for me and my friend. I didn't even know I can check in online 2 days before my flight and secure better seats. Oh well.. at least I still got the window seats.. Hee.. Here's my first view outside from my tiny window in the plane..






After about 4 1/2 hours of flight time, where me and my friend are getting kind of bored, we finally landed at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE).



It was my 1st time arriving in Terminal 2 since last year I took Jetstar Asia which based in Terminal 1. I must say that Terminal 2 is definitely newer and nicer.. :p After spending a few frustrated minutes trying to figure out which bus company can take us closest to our hotel, I decided to trust the advise given to me by a forumer in Tripadvisor and took Evergreen bus. Anyway the Evergreen customer officer was way much friendlier than the Guo Kuang officer, although I was told that Guo Kuang bus will alight us nearer to our hotel.

Anyway, we were soon on the bus and on our way to the city. Here are some photos I took during the 60 - 70 minutes bus ride.







Neither did we know that very soon we are going to get lost on our very 1st day in Taipei. Because we did not alight at the 1st stop due to some confusion, we alighted at the 2nd stop and found ourselves at San Tos Hotel, which is where I stayed during my 1st trip. But the Silken Hotel where we are staying is 3 junctions away, so with our hand luggage we lugged our way down the 3 junctions to the street where our hotel is supposed to be. After much struggle, with reading the map and trying to figure out how the street names work, as in 东南西北 refers to which direction in English, we finally found our hotel. Sigh... seems like it is really a test on our grasp of the Chinese language.

Checking in went smoothly and we were given our room. This is how our room looks like, I must say that it is really cozy and affordable.

No comments: